description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Sunday, October 20, 2019

More on the Basse families

Without clear information, I'm keeping these ancestors on my tree...for now.
There are conflicting places of birth, marriage or death on many of them, if there is information at all.

Ancestry trees often disagree about lineage, so one person can have different ancestors depending upon which tree you read. I try hard to find any original source documents, and tend to let go along the way the ones that were written by descendants (though often if they give source references they are correct.)

Find a Grave sites often combine a lot of information that is here-say.  My last post has some photos of a church which I found under Humphrey Basse's listing in Find A Grave, but nothing indicated what the photos were of.  I hate that!

OK.

Humphrey Benjamin Basse, 1563-1616 m. Mary Buschier 1568-1616 (10 times great grandparents)

his father was William Humphrey Benjamin Basse b. 8 March 1520 either in Dammartin, Haute-Marne, Champagne-Ardenne, France OR Little Chesterfield, Essex, England;
died and was buried 13 May 1614 Burial Place: St John the Baptist, Hillingdon, Middlesex, England (record legible of this church)
m. 24 Jul 1542 St James Garlickhithe, London, England (church record available) Mary (Margaret) Carkin/Larkin Basse1525-1616 (11 greats grandparents)

his father was Joseph Basse (Besse) born in 1495 either in London, Middleex, England OR 1493 or 1498 in Mézières-Sur-Couesnon, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France,

died in 1534  Mézières, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France.
m. in 1518, 21 or 25 to JOSEPHINE PILOTTE/Pialot BASSE 1500-1550 in Mézières, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France (12 greats grandparents)

his father was William Basse b. 1480 in Mézières, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France...he died in 1539, Bishops Tawton, Devon, England, OR Mézières, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France.


married in 1497 or 1500 in in Mézières, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France to Rosalie Benoite Basse 1480-1534 (13 greats grandparents)

his father was THOMAS Bilodeau Basse (Bayse) BORN 1460  Mezieres, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France; died 1539  Mezieres, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France
married on unknown date to Elizabeth Dunham Basse 1465-1520 (who was born in Dunham, Nottinghamshire, England and died in England.) my 14 times great grandparents.

Though there are further records on Ancestry for the families of the Mrs. Basse, I am not going to list them at this time. On a quick perusal of their dates, I find other Ancestry trees have again had mothers giving birth after age 65 or before 10.  So I can just leave these ancestors as appreciated but not defined at this time.


1 comment:

  1. My name is Lillian Jordan, I am also a descendant. You can reach me at lillian.g.jordan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.