description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Changes

 I love thinking how often things change...often without my knowledge or encouragement. Like my $80 increase in car insurance. And I never saw that coming. My car gets much older, and for some strange reason the insurance company thinks it's going to cost more to repair or replace. Well, the newer ones do cost much more, so I may never be able to replace it anyway. Let's see which one of us wears out first!

The change that I wanted to mention is one of my intentions to learn Gaelic...preferably the Scotts variety. I've got the book. But then someone suggested free Duolingo. So I've been working on that on line, very slowly...and I'm pretty sure it's Irish Gaelic.

I am ok with that. It's hard enough with vocabulary, but at least Duolingo does have sounded out words and sentences.

Whoopee! So every day or so I work on my vocab and the existence of male/female articles of the words that are at least clearly male or female. Like the girl, the boy, the man, and the woman. Then they get to eat, and I have to figure out how those sentences get put together. Over and over! And it's still like starting over again with each lesson.

Other than that, I've got lots of volunteer stuff on my plate so I'd best get to doing that!

Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.