description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Friday, February 25, 2022

Podcast on Enslaved Peoples at Mount Vernon

 It took me a couple of days to listen to all of these 8 episodes, which featured many voices of professionals as well as descendants of the Enslaved Peoples at Mount Vernon.

I highly recommend spending some time, over however long you might be able to do so, and listen to this podcast series. Here's the introduction and all the rest of the episodes. I may listen to it again soon, because my memory isn't that great these days.

It's called "Intertwined, The Enslaved Peoples of Mount Vernon."

I've been looking at some of my own Virginia ancestors, both before and after the Revolutionary War, trying to make educated guesses as to who might have enslaved some African people. So this podcast was right along he same ideas. After all, February is Black History Month. I've already learned a lot from other people who are sharing their knowledge with us.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.