description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Friday, May 5, 2023

Week 19: "Bald" - my father.

 My father, just like at least one of his brothers, became partially bald pretty early in his life.

His marriage license was the occasion for getting his photo in the paper because it occurred on Friday the 13th of Nov, 1936. They married Nov. 21 of that year. He was 22 years old.

In about 1956-57 summertime, my father standing behind his father. Next to him is my grandmother then myself.  My dad was about 42 then.



A bigger family group (56-57) which includes my Uncle Jimmy (34years old) far right. He shows the same early baldness as my father standing next to him holding his hat. My grandfather on the left is still wearing his hat though, and he was somewhat bald, but had a nice fluffy crown of white hair around the back, (see former photo.)


Here are my parents in Tampa FL in 1969 or so...Dad showing very little hair by the time he had these two rambunctuous grandsons. I'm holding the littlest squirming one. Dad was 55 by then. Actually Dad never lost the very back hair on his head, which became white of course.

Sharing with Sepia Saturday and 52 Ancestors 52 Weeks (on Facebook group Generations Cafe'.) There's actually a bald looking man peeking out from the women waiting to get in the bus!






1 comment:

  1. Nice pickup on the bald man peeking out of the bus window at the standing crowd. It also appears there are a couple of bald or going bald men in the crowd in front of the bus as well? Bald or not, your Dad was a nice looking fellow. Yul Brynner proved you don't need hair to be a good lookin' guy. He actually looked sexier without it! I used to stop at a delicatessen on the way to work in the morning to pick up something for lunch. One of the fellows behind the counter, probably in his mid-30s, was bald, but totally cute. One morning I went in and he was wearing a toupe! It was a very nice one, but it detracted from his cute looks and many of the women told him so. I think the toupe lasted no more than a week and we ladies were happy to see it go! :)

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.