description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Friday, June 2, 2023

Week 23: So Many Descendants

In going back just 5 generations, to consider my mother's father's family. Since I never knew him, all I've learned about that family has been through Ancestry.

His parents were Leroy (LF, Leary) Francis Webb (1857-1921) and Annie Elizabeth Williams (1862-1942).

My grandfather was Albert Bud Webb (1891-1919). He had 7 siblings, one of whom died age 5.

                Total children of L.F. and Annie - 8

The remaining 6 all married.

James E. Webb (1878-1927)

John Leroy Webb (1880-1938)

Marguerite Ellen (Mattie) Webb (1893-1951)

Thomas K Webb (1886-1959)

Clara Bell Webb (1888-1971)

Leary F. Webb, Jr. (1905-1937)

----------------------

I won't go into the names of their offspring, but just the numbers. In other blogs I have looked at the lives of some of these first cousins one time removed.

James was the father of one child, L.F. and Annie's grandchild. -1

John had 3 children, and I have to share a photo of him. -3


Mattie had one child -1

Thomas K had no children

Clara Belle had no children

Bud (my grandfather) had one child. -1

L.F. Jr. had one child  -1

So of the 7 siblings, there were just 7 grandchildren of Leroy and Annie Webb.


Now for some fun. I haven't looked at the lives of those grandchildren, mainly because some of them may still be alive and thus not giving any details on Ancestry...just a photo blob that they exist but are "private."

--------------------

James' grandchild Meyer is private. 1 for the count.

John's oldest daughter's 3 children Cross are privately listed. 3

    His second and third daughters had no children listed. 0

Mattie had no grandchildren listed. 0

Bud had 2 grandchildren (myself and my sister) 2

L.F. Jr. had 1 grandchild  - 1

Number of grandchildren in my generation - 7

---------------------------

 L.F. and Annie had 8 children, 

who had 7 grandchildren

who had 7 greatgrands...so their descendants totaled if they stopped with my generation might be 22. But we all know those children kept on having more. This has been a fun research.

And whenever I meet anyone named Webb, I ask if they had ancestry from Texas.


Today's quote:

Most people are mirrors, reflecting the moods and emotions of the times; few are windows, bringing light to bear on the dark corners where troubles fester. The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows. -Sydney J. Harris, journalist and author (1917-1986) 

2 comments:

  1. Now I have to go find who has many descendants on my tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an interesting prompt from Generations Cafe' which is run by Amy Johnson Crowe who does lots of YouTubes about genealogy. I'm still following the 52 weeks 52 ancestors...and have enjoyed most of the prompts. Of course sometimes I have my own interests that come up too!

      Delete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.