description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Thursday, November 9, 2023

The Rogers were walking

This week I share some family photos, with some to match the Sepia Saturday meme.



My grandfather, George Rogers Sr, Uncle Jimmy, Uncle Chauncey and my father George Rogers Jr. at their home in San Antonio, TX around 1934-37.


And  don't forget the ladies, my mother Mataley Rogers, and my Aunt Dottie (Dorothy Rogers, Uncle Jimmy's wife) in Wisconsin, 1953.

My parents walking. By her hat I'd guess spring, perhaps Easter. By his hairline I'd guess after they married, perhaps late 1930s or early 1940s. Mataley Rogers and George Rogers Jr.

And another older photo. Three women in Marshall TX 1899 on a sidewalk. 

My Great great grandmother Eugenia Almeda Witty Booth (1852-1875) and 5 of her siblings were born in Marshall TX. But they were moved away by the time these three ladies appeared on the scene. I love seeing their lightweight cotton dresses for summertime. Oh yes, summer in Texas. Lived through enough in my first 7 years to know never to visit there then!

But I digress. Walkers on the streets...mmm.
Boston MA 1906. Not sure if I've posted this before.


Today's quote:

Ask to know what you are born to do. Follow the compass of joy.

BARBARA MARX HUBBARD





6 comments:

  1. Good photos all round! Family & older others. Perfect for the prompt! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I store all these sepia photos and sometimes can use them here, as well as a few from the family!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your photographs and seeing the different fashions, especially those hats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect photos to choice for this weekend's theme. But I was amazed to read the theater playbill in your last image. The Faydettes were a professional women's orchestra from Boston that played from the 1890s to around 1914. I have several photos of members of the group and also a brochure that I plan to feature on my blog one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you noted the playbill in Boston. Such fun!

      Delete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.