description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Week in review and holidays

This week's review:

We've been looking at the McElhany and  McCord families coming from Scotland to Pennsylvania (in the 18th century) this week.  Mary McCord (See here) married Thomas McElhany (See Here) and their son William McElhany fought in the War of 1812 (See HERE and Here).  I'm giving older links to go back to posts about these individuals on my old blog "When I was 69."


I'll even include an older post link about William marrying Elizabeth (Betsy) McNeal...HERE.
Derry Presbyterian Session House, Dauphin PA
To see this week's posts about these Booth Family ancestors, just click on them over in chronological order in the right column.  These folks all gave DNA to my mother's Booth descendants.

Old English Cemetery, Dauphin PA

I admit I had some extra time that I spent learning a lot of new things about Scotch-Irish ancestors, and I doubt pretty much that I'll have that time to spend in the next week with the holidays coming up...Solstice and Christmas are the ones I celebrate most.

Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends and family Here! 

See my 2012 Christmas Past post!

And finally Happy Solstice and the return of light after the dark of the longest night of the year.

I wish you and your family happy holidays as well, no matter which ones you have as family traditions.

Today's Quote:

If you begin to understand what you are without trying to change it, then what you are undergoes a transformation.
Jiddu Krishnamurti







No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.