description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Thursday, September 13, 2018

John Curtis (Curtyce)

3 ancestors born on the same day.

It's probable that this happens a lot, but I'm just not aware of it.  After all, I have thousands (millions?) of ancestors.  But I only know birthdays of a few hundred probably.  Well, maybe a thousand.  I have never counted.

The 15 of September, 1577, John Curtis (Curtyce) was born in Nanzing, Essex, England.  He would become my 10 times great grandfather.  He also was one of the brave men and women who came to America around 1630.

"The son of WILLIAM & AGNES CURTIS of Nazing, England, he was baptized in Nazing on September 15, 1577. JOHN married Elizabeth Hutchins on April 19, 1610 in Nazing, England. (The author on Find a grave said -I am descended from his son, JOHN CURTISS, Jr..)

"History of Ancient Woodbury, by William Cothren, Baltimore: Gen. Publishing Co., Inc., 1977, p.531

"William (John's brother) Curtiss embarked on the ship, Lion, June 22, 1632 and landed Dec. 16, 1632, at Scituate, Mass. He removed with his family to Roxbury, Mass., whence they removed to Stratford, Conn. By the records of Stratford it apears that the father of these must have died before the removal of the family thither.."

"THIS IS ONLY A MEMORIAL THAT THE FAMILY PUT UP IN HONOR OF HIM. HE ACTUALLY DIED IN WETHERSFIELD.
Source: Quoted from Find A Grave site, Old Burying Ground, Stratford, Fairfield, CT.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.