description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Friday, September 14, 2018

Abigail Judson Curtiss

Happy birthday to...two other ancestors with Sept. 15 for their birthdays.  I know that's not until tomorrow, and I've been busy what with a hurricane (Florence) coming my direction...but I'm going to put my ancestry cap on and give you a bit more information.

Abigail Judson Curtiss was my 8 times great grandmother (1669-1697) on my Booth Family Tree.)  I've mentioned her before in a post HERE about her daughter Anna Curtiss Booth.  Abigail was the granddaughter of William Judson, who immigrated to America and built the foundation of the home which is still standing in Stratford, Fairfield County, CT.


Judson House
Capt. David Judson built a Georgian-style house in Stratford around 1750 (or as early as 1723), on the foundation of his great-grandfather William‘s stone house of 1639. Nine generations of the family lived in the house until 1888 .  The Judson House, which is now a museum, is known for its particularly fine broken scroll pediment door surround.

William Judson, (her grandfather) has historic documents about how he was one of the founders of Stratford, CT, but then moved to New Haven where he was part owner of an iron mine.

I will give more information soon about Abigail.
-----------

And tomorrow I'll write more about the other Sept. 15 born ancestor...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.