description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Anna Curtiss Booth (1697-1733)

Mrs. Anna Curtiss Booth was born Aug 1, 1697 in Stratford, Fairfield Connecticut, and died 18 May 1733 in the same location. She was my great times 7 grandmother.

Anna Curtiss was the last of her mother's 4 children. Her mother, Abigail Judson Curtiss died the same year, though I don't have the exact date. Someone had entered a Nov. date into Ancestry, but there's no source given. All the records just say 1697 as the year she died.
So Anna's father Josiah Curtiss married again, in 1698 and had 8 or 9 more children.

Anna grew up and married Zachariah Booth June 12, 1718.  Their marriage has at least 2 primary records to substantiate it.

They had three sons, Nathan Booth (1719-1800), Zachariah Booth Jr (1721-1775), and Daniel Booth (Boothe) (Captain) 1723-1801).

Anna lived until May 18, 1733 and has a tombstone in the Old Congregational Burying Ground in Stratford, Fairfield County, CT...



Here lyes ye body of Mrs. Anna Booth wife to Mr. Zechariah Booth who died May 18 1733 in ye 37th year.

Interesting that some of the eager people in Ancestry.com have given Zachariah the second wedding date of Jan 1, 1733...while his first wife was still alive.  Oops!

However, Zachariah may have been eager to have more children, since Anna had 10 years between her last childbirth and her death.  I'm wondering what kind of illness she may have been dealing with, because the norm was to have as many children as they could.

Zachariah and Sarah then had 6 more children.

My ancestor was Anna's second child, Zachariah Booth Jr. my six times great grandfather.

1 comment:

  1. I just added a new blog to my list of those I'm following, but the link doesn't attribute her to the recent post which I just read...it says she last posted a year ago. So I'm adding the post that I enjoyed reading about Hartford, CT. Unfortunately links aren't served in comments...so here it is.
    https://debbysfamilygenealogyblog.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-fundamental-orders-of-1639-and.html

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.