description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Sunday, August 12, 2018

At the courthouse in Sevierville

 "Oh yes," the Information Volunteer told me, "don't miss seeing Dolly's statue at the courthouse."

 Sevier County Courthouse entrance

Dolly Parton, country singer, actress...who started Dollywood and has contributed a great deal to the community....this statue didn't look that much like her, except for the guitar.

 The kinds of photos I usually see of Dolly Parton



A historic marker on the grounds of the courthouse, dedicated by the Spencer Clack chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.

The plaque (enlarged below) was dedicated in 1931.



My great times 5 grandfather, Lt. Spencer Clack.


Another marker at the courthouse.


Other markers at the court house were...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.