description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Friday, November 2, 2018

How far back can I even imagine?

Well, I saw someone had posted a list going back to Charlemagne.  I think that's a bit far, and not really necessary.  So I didn't copy it.

I'm going to use the earliest dates that mother's might have been born, which still pushes the believability of when their first children were supposedly born (at least 13 years old.)  What a dither, and I won't let it sidetrack me.

So our last male in the line was

Thomas De Ferrers (Baron of Groby) Sir

BIRTH 1395  Groby, Leicestershire, ENGLAND

DEATH 6 JAN 1458/59  Groby, Leichestershire, ENGLAND


His father was

William Ferrers


1372–1445


BIRTH 25 APRIL 1372  Luton, Luton Borough, Bedfordshire, England

DEATH 18 MAY 1445  Woodham Ferrers, Chelmsford Borough, Essex, England








His wife was:

Philippa Clifford Ferrers

1374–1405

BIRTH 1374  Appleby-in-Westmorland, Eden District, Cumbria, England

DEATH 4 JULY 1405  Appleby-in-Westmorland, Eden District, Cumbria, England


And from UK Find a Grave, we can add this information about her:

Parents
  • Roger de Clifford
    13331389
  • Maud de Beauchamp Clifford
    13351403
Spouse
  • William Ferrers
    13721445
Siblings
  • William Clifford
    13751417
Children
  • Elizabeth de Ferrers Culpeper
    13921460
  • Sir Henry De Ferrers
    13941463
  • Thomas Ferrers
    13951459


If these parents are correct, I've got 18th great grandparents...and one sounds definitely French!










Cemetery
St Lawrence Churchyard
Burial or Cremation Place
Appleby-in-Westmorland, Eden District, Cumbria, England













Father
Roger de Clifford
Mother
Maud Clifford
Spouse
William Ferrers
Children
Elizabeth Culpepper





No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.