description

My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Friday, November 2, 2018

How far back can I even imagine?

Well, I saw someone had posted a list going back to Charlemagne.  I think that's a bit far, and not really necessary.  So I didn't copy it.

I'm going to use the earliest dates that mother's might have been born, which still pushes the believability of when their first children were supposedly born (at least 13 years old.)  What a dither, and I won't let it sidetrack me.

So our last male in the line was

Thomas De Ferrers (Baron of Groby) Sir

BIRTH 1395 • Groby, Leicestershire, ENGLAND

DEATH 6 JAN 1458/59 • Groby, Leichestershire, ENGLAND


His father was

William Ferrers


1372–1445


BIRTH 25 APRIL 1372 • Luton, Luton Borough, Bedfordshire, England

DEATH 18 MAY 1445 • Woodham Ferrers, Chelmsford Borough, Essex, England








His wife was:

Philippa Clifford Ferrers

1374–1405

BIRTH 1374 • Appleby-in-Westmorland, Eden District, Cumbria, England

DEATH 4 JULY 1405 • Appleby-in-Westmorland, Eden District, Cumbria, England


And from UK Find a Grave, we can add this information about her:

Parents
  • Roger de Clifford
    1333–1389
  • Maud de Beauchamp Clifford
    1335–1403
Spouse
  • William Ferrers
    1372–1445
Siblings
  • William Clifford
    1375–1417
Children
  • Elizabeth de Ferrers Culpeper
    1392–1460
  • Sir Henry De Ferrers
    1394–1463
  • Thomas Ferrers
    1395–1459


If these parents are correct, I've got 18th great grandparents...and one sounds definitely French!










Cemetery
St Lawrence Churchyard
Burial or Cremation Place
Appleby-in-Westmorland, Eden District, Cumbria, England













Father
Roger de Clifford
Mother
Maud Clifford
Spouse
William Ferrers
Children
Elizabeth Culpepper





No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email or at least a blog connection, someone (or myself) might answer. No anonymous comments allowed.