description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Ipswich Massachusetts ancestor

Happy birthday to ancestor...a 5th great grandfather

Ebenezer Pulsifer

Birth 4 NOV 1744 Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts
Son of David and Hannah Brown Pulsipher (Pulsifer)

At age 28 he married Mrs. Sarah Perkins. When records say Mrs. Sarah, it is assumed she had already been married. But the maiden name of Perkins has also been carried through the records, so perhaps she hadn't been married to a man named Perkins, but was the daughter of Nathaniel and Anna Harris Perkins, as most of the Ancestor records say.

They had 4 sons, and Captain Ebenezer is the one that I found the most information about.

I also searched through some Ancestry documents to figure out which of the cousins/uncles/sons was David Pulsifer who died in the Battle of Bunker Hill. (See this post for my search and a probable answer.)

What is most interesting about this grandfather is his possible death during the Revolutionary War. I have no idea where this information originated, but some 4 other ancestry trees have said he died at age 36, about in 1780. And there's a note that says "Died on Prison Ship in New York Harbor." There is one record saying he died in 1795 at age 51...also in New York.

Since he and his family lived in Ipswich, MA, I don't know why he died in New York. And since I don't have the death date or place of his wife, nor of 2 of his 4 sons, I don't know if the family relocated there.

But I'm glad to give honor and respect to a man and thanks for his passing on his blood in my veins.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.