description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Compiling or editing

Working on a document, weaving together various posts about one line of ancestors.

Goodness, I diverged all over the place, didn't I?  Well, I was starting with my own family and going back in time.  That meant my 5 (one a stepgrandfather) grandparents would have had their own 4 grandparents...so by 10 generations back, that's a couple hundred, I believe.

Once I did the math, but today I don't feel like doing it.

So now I'm thinking whether to organize this one line of ancestors into which direction of reading...from present to past, or from past to present.  I think the former.  But that will be more work, because I've been posting in my own life as I found older and older grandparents...thus the most recent blog posts have been about the oldest generations.

OK, just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still alive, sometimes it feels just barely!

1 comment:

  1. I've now assembled 40 some pages (in Word Doc) which meant starting at the end with King Edward I, about whom a lot was written. Then I have the descendants of his before him in the document. This is not the way any genealogy is done!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.