description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Other family trees

I have my basic 3, my mother's family (The Booths); my father's dad's family (The Rogers); and my father's mom's family (The Swaseys.)

If I spent the rest of my life just filling in new information on those trees, (on Ancestry) I probably wouldn't get finished.

And then I started looking at the wives of my 3 sons...so that's 3 more families to see where they came from. Oh my, they are so interesting. I think only one daughter-in-law is doing her own research, and we got into a mess last week when we found both our trees had the same name. So that's been changed and we can now see the work of the other, and not lose it.

I also have 2 friends who were interested in seeing a bit of their trees, and I don't do much more with them...but trees over on Ancestry have a habit of growing when I'm not looking.

Oh, and I have a fourth cousin who does genealogy on the Swasey tree, she has the same great times three grandfather! I've never met her, and she lives about a thousand miles away in California.

I recently switched back to the Swasey Family Tree (father's mother's family) here on the blog. So I'll stay on that tree for a while. They mainly came from New England, so there are lots of good records available.

So I'm going to spend some time this week looking at my fourth cousin's family. She has some different children in the very first family, which I've been scratching my head about. Her James family started with Ruth A. Swasey who married William D. James. I've got 7 children from them, and she's got 4.

So I started with one of the unlikely ones, read through all the information on a woman who lived until her 90s, and she's definitely a Swasey James ancestor, even though she was born in Iowa in 1857. My question was (of course) how and why did my great times three grandmother who lived her whole life (I thought) in Providence RI, end up having a baby in Iowa?  I still think she might had been adopted.

But I'll give you more information, in a bit more coherent version, tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.