description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Friday, November 4, 2022

November noteables

 When looking at my calendar, I find dates of many ancestors appearing.

This is a screwy kind of way to look at them, as they usually stay within their two dates (with a dash in between) and with their immediate families, like on my Ancestry tree.

But hey, I've got them appearing all the time, as I've listed their important birth dates (and a few others) in my personal calendar.

Nov 1

Frederick Arthur Munhall Birth 1 November 1890  in Pekin, Tazewell, Illinois, Death Feb. 12, 1927 in San Anntonio, Bexar Texas, USA

My mom's stepfather from age 2- age 10,


Nov 4 , Ebenezer Pulsifer, Birth 4 NOV 1744 Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts, Death 1795 • New York, NY.

h. of Sarah Perkins, date unknown birth ABT 1757 Ipswich, Essex Co., MA, death date unknown,

parents of Capt Ebenezer Pulsifer, 3rd g grand of Ada Phillips Swasey Rogers, my grandmother on my father's side.

Nov 4 also: Martha Poor Granger, Birth 4 NOVEMBER 1654 Andover, Essex, MA, Death 4 DECEMBER 1723 Andover, Essex, MA

my 5th g grand on my father's mother's line

Nov. 9, George Elmore Rogers, JR, b. 1914 Galveston TX, d. 5 Jan 1985, Houston TX.

my father.

Nov 10, John Moss Jrm Birth 10 NOVEMBER 1682 Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut, Death 14 MARCH 1755 Wallingford, New Haven County, Conn

m. Eliz. Hall 1690-1754

father of John Moss

grandfather of Eliz Moss Booth

in my mother's ancestry line of the Booths

Nov 11, Patricia Rogers 1946

my firrst cousin, daughter of James W. Rogers, my father's brother

Nov. 13, Remembering Ammi Ayers Swasey 1687–1783 Birth 1687 either in Portsmouth, Rockingham, New Hampshire or Boston, MA,

Death 1783 Swansea, Bristol, Mass

When she was born on an unknown date in 1687, her father, NATHANIEL, was 23, and her mother, AMY, was 32. Nathaniel was known as a blacksmith, which is kept in the Ancestry records.

Ammi married Samuel Swasey Jan 10, 1710 as recorded in Boston, MA when she was 23. They had six children in 22 years. She died in 1783 as recorded in Swansea, Massachusetts, at the impressive age of 96. She spent almost half her life as a widow, since Samuel had died in 1739.

Her home was featured in a later photograph, though since then it has been demolished.

Ammi Ayers Swasey was my 6th great grandmother on my grandmother Ada Phillips Swasey Rogers' tree.

Nov. 14, Elizabeth Anne Worsham Kennon, Birth 1656 Henrico County, Virginia, Death 1743 • Conjurers Neck, Henrico, Virginia

w of Col. Richard Kennon, on my Rogers family tree

blog on 11.12.2020, Link Here.

I'll check back on more birthdays this month later!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.