description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Friday, February 17, 2023

I can identify with my great grandmother

 



To choose one great grandmother, I'll choose the one I'm named after.

 Eugenia Almeda Booth Miller (1873-1936). When she was 2 years old her mother died in childbirth.

If I hadn't had the medical care that is now available for new mothers, my second son or myself might not have survived his birth. Or actually my first son wouldn't have lived to be a year old. And my third son (by Cesarean Section) wouldn't have survived either.  So many of my ancestresses died in childbirth.

William Booth Home, 208 N. Waco St. Hillsboro, TX, purchased land on 12 May 1855, (photo 1993)


Great grandmother Eugenia's father, Richard Booth, was an attorney who died in a gun violence outside a tavern when she was 6 years old. Since she had one older brother, and two older half brothers, it is likely that she had already gone to live with her father-in-law's family, the William Lewis Booths of Hillsboro, Texas. 



There she grew until somehow meeting a German immigrant who worked as a passenger conductor on the railroad, Charles Herman Mueller (Miller) (1868-1946). They married in 1897.

Of their 4 daughters, the oldest became my grandmother.

Sharing with...

1 comment:

  1. if only I new half as much about my ancestors as you do sadly I do not and no one left to ask

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.