description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Friday, February 3, 2023

Social Media and Ancestors

 I have had a blog with various postings of my ancestors since I retired in 2017. I had at that time, three separate family trees on Ancestry. That made my huge family trees more manageable for me. Only one grandparent didn't have any ancestors that I've been able to find...so these three represent my 3 grandparents.

Anyway, Three Family Trees had been publishing for about a year, when I received an email from someone who said her line of ancestry intersected mine.

That email led to many more as I learned that the younger sister of my 2nd Great Grandfather Captain Alexander G. Swasey was her ancestor. 

Ruth Ann Swasey married William Davenport James. And their descendent, Linda Clark contacted me in 2018. She's still updating her tree, because when she does, I get a notification by email from Ancestry.

Linda and I are 4th cousins. This internet is a place where we have shared our information on the lives that our ancestors lived. Who would have known how long this would have taken from all the old letters back and forth before 2000 or so. 

I'm linking this to 52 Ancestors 52 Weeks, Social Media



A  photo from a book publication Alexander G. Swasey (1812-1866) - describing how he had been Connfederate Captain of the early blockade runner Ella Warley from Jan. 1862 until her capture on April 25, 1862. He then spent the rest of the Civil War in a Union prison on an island in Boston Harbor.


Ruth A. Swasey James, (1828-1908) probably taken around 1900.


Sharing on FaceBook at Generation's Cafe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.