description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Friday, March 10, 2023

Lucky

 This week's topic, Lucky.

My first thought was my parent's photo from Fri. the 13th.


Clipping says: "When Mataley Munhall and George E. Rogers walked into county clerk's office for marriage license Friday they didn't know it was the dire Friday 13. Told of the date, they hesitated not one whit, flaunting the age old superstitions. Wedding is set for November 21."

They did marry on Nov 21, 1936. They had a nice long marriage of 49 years, with Daddy dying at 70 in January of the year they would have celebrated their golden wedding anniversary. But actually, they weren't into celebrations that much. They just had their own interests, and of course loved their grandchildren...though they seldom saw my children.

I believe I've had a pretty lucky life. I've made some really risky choices, but they came out alright in the end. And I've also made some fantastic choices. No further information here. I just feel pretty lucky.

I've been trying to find the Buckminster Fuller quote about "not having to have a job, because the universe will support those who are working to further the needs of the universe," or something close to that. I've ordered the book Critical Path where I think he says that idea. (He does say the universe is supported by people who stand up as individuals and speak the truth. Pretty good that.)

Sharing with Generations Cafe' a Facebook Group where 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks are being gathered.



What's coming up?

Week 12 (Mar. 19-25): Membership

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.