description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Happy anniversary of birth to...

Sarah Farnam Granger, Feb. 15, 1732.  She was my 5 times great grandmother.
Sarah had 10 siblings growing up in the Farnam (Farnham) household in Andover, Massachusetts.

Her great great grandfather, Ralph Farnham II, had come to the American colonies in the 1630's and was one of the founding fathers of Andover.

Sarah married at age 24 to Jacob Granger. His great grandfather, Capt. John Granger, a seaman, had moved from Connecticut to Andover MA.  The seaman was the son of an immigrant to Connecticut from England, Lancelot Granger.

Jacob Granger (1735-1797) himself would go on to fight in the American Revolutionary War.  Unfortunately I don't know what kind of work he engaged in. I briefly shared about him HERE.

The Grangers had 8 children, one of whom I know died in his 4th year.  Another has no known date of death, but there are 15 hints (over on Ancestry) which I'll now wade through to make certain they are talking about the Jacob Granger born Feb. 9 1759.  There was one Jacob Granger who lived in Connecticut, and one who died in New York.  I can't see exact connections between this one and either of those, so haven't added their details to my tree.

The other Granger children all lived to adulthood, and their son, Joseph became a blacksmith, and my 4x great grandfather.

I've written about Joseph Granger, before HERE.

 Sarah Granger's marker


Sarah died May 3, 1806 and is buried in the Old North Parish Burying Ground in Andover, MA, next to her husband Jacob.  He is definitely honored as a Revolutionary War participant.

A note about the 69 years between birth of myself and the woman I was named after, Eugenia Booth Miller.  That's why I named my blog "When I was 69", though I was really 69 at the time.  Then I looked for an ancestor who had been born 69 years before Eugenia.  And then I did it again. And Jacob Granger came to my attention.  It was a fun trivial thing to look at.  There are certainly a lot more serious things happening in life these days.

Editor's note: If you happened to read this before 12:00 on Saturday 2.16.19, I had the wrong dates for Jacob Granger's life.  Somehow I'd used his son's or grandson's dates.  Now they are correct.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.