description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The Lucky Couple

52 ancestors
Week 9 (February 25-March 3): At the Courthouse

My parents got their marriage license on Friday the 13th of November, 1936, at the Courthouse in San Antonio, TX. The county is Bexar.

They got their picture in the paper as well.  


I think they had no clue about anything of the date maybe being unlucky.  They certainly were in love, and were planning a simple wedding ceremony.  The bride's family attended and the groom's did not, because they were adamantly opposed to alcoholic consumption. (My mother's family had all the signs of being alcoholics.)




They were married in a church, not city hall, however!


It's so wonderful for me to see my parents as they looked when they were young and still had stars in their eyes as they looked to the future.  

I know I've posted these events before on my blog, so please forgive me for doing so again...just for the 52 Ancestors effort!

2 comments:

  1. In the past year or so I found a newspaper account of my parents wedding in Detroit. There was even a photograph. The only problem was that the part that described the wedding was illegible. It was pretty long, but faded to impossibility to read.

    You have a nice complete picture of your parents wedding here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad that your parent's marriage record had faded. I guess it wasn't on microfilm anywhere, was it.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.