description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Monday, February 1, 2021

Hannah Brown Pulsifer - 6gg

This week I'm focusing on the Ada Swasey Rogers Family Tree

Mrs. Hannah Pulsifer was my great times 6 grandmother.

Birth 16 JAN 1718 • Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts Colony

Death BEF 1756 • Ipswich, Essex,Massachusetts Colony

wife of David Pulsifer III, (1716-1783) the grandson of Benedictus Pulsifer, the immigrant. I blogged about David Pulsifer III HERE.

Hannah herself was the daughter of Benjamin Brown and Elizabeth Fosse Brown. Benjamin was known as a miller and yoeman, or carpenter. He built a mill in Ipswich, as well as probably a home, which was incorporated into a larger building that was built after he died. That larger house still stands, called the Caleb Warner House.

The Caleb Warner House, Ipswich, MA


I've blogged about another David Pulsifer before HERE.  The question had to do with a David Pulsifer having fought in the Battle of Bunker Hill, at the start of the American Revolution. It was a cousin, not in my direct line. 

Hannah grew up in a family with seven children, but her father died when she was just 15. She wasn't the oldest child though, but the second oldest. She didn't marry David until she was 21, or perhaps later. Her older sister (Mary) Elizabeth married Caleb Warner, who bought the Brown house and began the renovations leading to the huge house known by his name.

Hannah (1718-1756) and David Pulsifer (1716-1783) had three children that are listed in Ancestry. David IV (1740-1783), Ebenezer, (1744 or 1750-1780 or 1795) and Hannah Pulsifer Harris (1745-1836).  Since Ebenezer would become my 5 times great grandfather, I find it interesting that he has two possible dates of birth and death.

But it is also understandable, since so many of the Pulsifers in the Massachusetts Colony, or New Hampshire even, had the same names. Gx6 Grandfather David Pulsifer III (1716-1783) was the son of Jonathan Pulsifer (1687-1763) and he had many siblings (children of the immigrant Benedictus Pulsifer.)

I have blogged about Ebenezer Pulsifer HERE. If he died in 1780, it would have been on an English prison ship in New York harbor during the American Revolution. But there is another record saying he died in 1795.

Again, there are many people with the same name. I hope I live long enough to figure out his actual dates. But if I don't, it probably didn't make any difference to most of the people building their family trees.

This post is part of my father's mother, 
Ada Swasey Rogers Family Tree. 
The photo shows her mother, my
great grandmother,
Zulieka Granger Swasey as a young woman.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.