description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Happy Birthday David Pulsifer (March 4, 1716)

Which one died at Bunker Hill? That was my post several years ago.
And it may have made sense then, but I'm very confused when I read it.

Now to concentrate on facts.
The Pusifer (Pulsipher) family married into the Swasey family, which led to my grandmother on my father's side...George Rogers. That's one of my three family trees I follow, my grandmother we called Gummy, Ada Phillips Swasey Rogers.

Great times six grandfather David Pulsifer, baptized on May 4, 1716, probably had been born a while before the date of his baptism.  Whenever we figure that out, we may have to change his birthday.  But for now, we can celebrate his birth on this date.

He was born in Ipswich, Essex County, MA. Parents were Sarah Loude and Jonathan Pulsifer.  He is the grandson of immigrant Benedictus Pulsifer.

 Right hand page list of baptisms, David Pulsifer, 3rd down.

David married Hannah Brown Pulsifer on May 5, either in 1739 or 1742. No documents to verify it at this time.

David and Hannah had three children, the second being Ebenezer, born in 1744, who became my great times five grandfather when he grew up.

Ancestry says David Pulsifer died Dec. 2, 1783, in Ipswich, MA.

So which David Pulsifer died at the Battle of Bunker Hill? I believe it was a cousin of David (my great times 6 grandfather).  My granddad David's father was Jonathan (great times 7 grandfather) whose brother was named David (1685-1775) and who named his son David (1708-1775.)

This and all the Ebenezer Pulsifers is enough to send me questioning my sanity. And the Joseph Pulsifers...not to mention Susanna, Sarah, Mary, etc.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.