description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Baptized March 11, 1562 Lady Brydgette Algar White

 March 11, 1562  in Shalford, Braintree District, Essex, England, Brydgette Algar was baptized.
Her parents were Margaret Pare (Perry) Algar and William Algar.  I haven't yet looked at all the information about them that's available, but today I want to focus on Lady Brydgette.

There is a lot of information about her, because church records were kept, and her husband supported both the kinds of church movements that were happening at the time of his will.  



Not only is her baptism recorded (4th one down) but also her marriage to Robert White is in 1585, June 24.


The following page is from a treatise about the early immigrants to Connecticut colony.  John White was a son of Brydgette Allgar White

Here's a more detailed (and somewhat reptetitive) story of the Whites.
The children of the White family moved to the American Colonies, and became "founding fathers and mothers."

My relationship to the Whites? Lady Brydgette Algar White was my 11 times great grandmother. She was on the family tree of my Booth ancestors (mom's side of the family.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.