description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Saturday, March 16, 2019

The last sibling of Bethia and Joseph Booth

Author's Introduction: I'm spending a lot of time looking at the Booth Family of early Connecticut colony. Sometimes I may interrupt this series to look at other ancestors, but I am very interested in getting some more information about my mother's family roots.

Johannah Booth Sherwood - BIRTH 21 MAR 1660  Stratford, Fairfield, Connecticut, DEATH 6 DEC 1728  Stratford, Fairfield, CT

I just discovered this aunt (great times eight) was on my family tree.  She's the youngest daughter of Richard and Elizabeth Hawley Booth.  She's also sister to a couple of my great grandparents (times eight or nine greats).  She does not appear on the Booth memorial marker in the Old Congregational Cemetery of Stratford CT.  But I'm beginning to think that it confuses more than helps my ancestry.

At first I thought she was an addition so someone could claim kinship to this family.  But apparently she didn't have children. So that means that even though she lived long enough to marry, she didn't procreate.

She was 36 when her husband died, but she lived to be 68 herself.  I would imagine she helped with other relative's children, and probably lived with her sibing's family.

Since she is not engraved on the great monument to the Booth family in Stratford CT, I still wonder if she hadn't been a cousin, rather than a sibling of Joseph and Bethia.  For now she's on my tree.

She isn't listed on the memorial listing of Richard and Eizabeth Booth's children. But there were a couple of records about her.



Monument with supposed siblings of Johanna Booth.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.