description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Monday, May 13, 2019

Big change in my tree!

Another descendant of what I thought to be my ancestors, wrote a note saying that he knew nothing about the Cannon family, but knew a lot about the Kennon family. And he (I'm not sure if it is a he actually) stressed that my ancestor was not a child of the Kennons who decided to change the spelling.

That will change my genealogy quite a bit.  So for now I'll leave the rest of the tree as it stands...and wait to see if there are any "hints" from ancestry which fill in the new blanks.

John Cannon of South Carolina and Tennessee apparently was not a Kennon of Virginia.

So among all the other things I'm engaged in this summer, I'll have this on the back burner, waiting for my attention!

2 comments:

  1. I deleted that line. I had it in my tree for years and never thought anything of it, as most other trees that had John Cannon it also thought he descended from the Kennon's. Now I'll wait and see if anything pops up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I usually look at your tree or Poppy's notes when I come upon someone who has been on my tree forever. But this time I'm at a loss.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.