description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Friday, May 10, 2019

Not too sure about anything

When the genealogical records don't agree, we descendants are left wondering.
So I posted a few days ago what I had read in various source documents about the Dunster family.

Then I started reading more about the wife of Benanuel Bowers, who seemed to be either Mary or Elizabeth, and either married to one man or another, and either the daughter of one man or another.

I have lately been reading a document which was published more recently, but describes going back to parish records in England and having them re-examined for more details.  And these details turn things upside down in a lot of ways.

So now I'm going to research which of the documents were published when, so as to find out which might rely upon more "primary source" information.

Yes, I'll be posting about them here soon. Until then, I added a note to my last post about the Dunsters.

And until then I don't have time to commemorate other birthdays of other ancestors.  But I'll catch up eventually. Or if I don't, many of them have already been listed here in prior years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.