description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Ancestors with heart disease

I have already listed my grandmother Ada Rogers, and invited her to be available to communicate with me through the Samhain (Halllow-een) thinness of the veils between the spirit and material worlds.

I just discovered that her death certificate says she died of heart disease at age 78. As a Christian Scientist, she never talked of her health, nor did anyone in my family growing up.

But Ancestry includes many death certificates. I won't copy them here, but they do tell of her disease a well as her father's. Her father, Alexander John Swasey died at 60 of a heart attack.


I mention both of these because of my recent brush with death in having a heart attack at age 77. Fortunately I had medical treatment, and have since had a wonderful rehabilitation program with a lifestyle change to reverse heart disease.

I wished both of these individuals from whom I'm descended could have had the treatments I've received. So when and if I can have any contact with their spirits, I need to share that our DNA has continued to create this susceptibility, and to thank them for living the good lives they did.

Other relatives were reported to have high blood pressure, which contributed to their deaths. There are a few people, like my grandmother's mother, who died in a car accident.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.