description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Asking the ancestors for help

At the holy time when ancestors' spirits may contact the living, Hallow-een, I have upon my little altar placed images of the ones who have gone before, and will be asking them for specific help at this time...a pandemic and election and full-moon Halloween.

Margaret on the right, in the 1920-30s.

For political stability to be realized through this election, I will bring my Great Aunt Margaret, who was a early voter when women first acquired the vote. She taught high school math, and I thought the world of her. 

Grandmommy (Mozelle) before I knew her...when she was about 38. Her second husband died when she was just 29. 

 Of course my grandmother, Mozelle will be invited, as she represents so well how a single woman raised a child without a man to support her, (after her two husbands had died within a few years of their marriages in successioin) Her family and good friends continued to help her when our government didn't have any of the programs that it has today to help single working mothers. Her death from breast cancer at the same time I graduated from high school, reminds me of how many women still suffer from the pain of that disease today.

Rosie (in hat) and myself...before she helped me move to NC when I retired and before her breast cancer.

Rosie and her husband George after they moved to Washington state.

My dear friend who also died from breast cancer a couple of years ago, will definitely be honored on my altar. Rosemary gave me so many positive emails as we continued to communicate only in that way...and I loved her positive lifestyle as a vegan.


I will invite my great grandmother Eugenia (mother of Margaret and Mozelle) as a Texas woman who ended up in the position of being married to a German immigrant through WW I and at the beginning of WW II. 


Great grandpa Charles...

I also invite her husband, Charles, as they raised their 4 girls through the early 20th century, and I'm pretty sure they would know just what American Germans thought of Hitler and racial anti-semetic Natzis. Eugenia died in 1936, and Charles lived until 1946. Charles finally obtained US citizenship in 1939, after repeated attempts and affidavits declaring his patriotism to America. I invite their spirits as influence is needed to fight the etheric and political battle that has allowed many dark forces in America to again raise their ugly racist heads.



I am going to look for more of my ancestors to try to have their influence available as we look toward this important election...and to keep the democracy our America was founded upon safe from so many negative energies that are full of hatred and divisiveness.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.