description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Monday, November 2, 2020

Visiting ancestors

 Having invited them...they showed up!

I start my morning meditations with imagining myself in a secluded place (as many meditation leaders suggest for a beginning.)

This was a new place...maybe because I have another hour...daylight savings time is finally over! So at 7:30 am the sun was just lightening the sky..and I was ready to start the day.

Part of how I manage to have this time to meditate is having already poured myself a nice hot cup of coffee, which sits under a tiny saucer to keep it warm on my bedside table. And yes, I allow myself a few sips before I settle under the covers sitting at the head of my bed.

Today I took myself to a clearing in a woods...where I saw a circle of stumps with a fire pit in the middle. I imagined someone bringing wood to the fire pit and starting a fire. It was very welcoming, and helped me center myself.

Then I looked at each of the tree stumps in the circle...and each held the spirit of one of my ancestors. I slowly looked at Spritiualist William Booth, and his daughter-in-law Eugenia Booth Miller with her husband Charlie by her. I saw her daughter, Mozelle, and my grandfather who I never knew...and then my mother and father. Next to them was my sister and her son. Then my other grandmother Ada, and her sons, my uncles Rogers. And then her father and mother Swasey. And finally the two who have recently passed this week, Millie and Ronni (a blogging friend.) Behind me stood my imagined own three sons and their children who I've given the same blood to.

I thanked all these spirits for sharing their DNA, and the lives they led with adventures galore. And I wished them all well as they continue to have presence wherever they might be. I asked them if they had any messages for me (of course! what's contacting spirits if you don't ask that question?) 

I won't tell you the answers however, as they are private and for myself only.

I then got up and danced a bit around the imaginary fire...so glad I could still move and listen to music and dance. Having this body is certainly a gift, and my sense of appreciation woke me to the being of here and now.

As I sipped my coffee, I patted my head and face, which somehow helps me come back to today. I will continue celebrating the lives of ancestors. And I will work on this life in ways that I need to.

Happy All Souls Day (or All Saints Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.