description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Finding anyone in the 1950 Census

 The people at Ancestry just posted that they're indexing different states of the 1950 Census, so search first for your state before looking for individuals.

Nope.

I like Amy Johnson Crowe's method...which has worked for me in at least 2 states. It doesn't mean going right bang into the census. It uses a kind of sideways method of another internet source.

Go look at this YouTube video, it's not long. I took some notes for her instruction after looking at it again. Then I just did what she suggested!


I hope you have an interest in finding maybe parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, or like me, yourself!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this video. I haven't been able to find my husband's family in St. Louis and maybe this will help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the program with the ED's...and then the prompt to use Google Maps to find cross streets to help find the right ED. I hunted around in St. Louis, but we hadn't moved there by April 1950, so we weren't on the census there.

      Delete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.