description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Ann Sylvester Bowers 1669-1745

Ann Sylvester Bowers, Birth 4 APR 1669 • Shelter Island, Suffolk, New York

Death BEF 2 AUG 1745 • Somerset, Swansea, Bristol, Ma

She was the wife of Jonathan Bowers, Capt 1673-1750 and mother of Mary Bowers Swasey, and I posted a little about them back in "When I was 69" in 2015 HERE.
Her parents were Nathaniel Sylvester and Grissell Brinley Sylvester of Shelter Island, NY. I wrote about them HERE, and about Grissell Here.
There is one other post which I find very enjoyable, about Bowers families and including their home in Somerset, MA.  So if you are up for another jaunt to another link, try this one.
What can I add today?

Ann Sylvester and Jonathan Bowers had 11 children, by the way records stand at this time.  I say "this time" because frequent changes come through other members public family trees.  There are about 25-50 other family trees that link into these people, and some of them are very helpful.  I've now closed my family trees and made them private.  My own interested family members are the only ones that can see them at this time.
I am looking into all of Ann Sylvester's siblings, and there sure were a lot of them! At the last count there were 12 in all.  And two or three of the sons who lived to adulthood didn't marry or have children. But all of the daughters did, and what interesting men they married.  I'll not go into all the stories today, because I've already sent you chasing all over for Ann's family.

That gives me something to post tomorrow!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.