description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Monday, April 16, 2018

The Antibellum house in Marshall, NC

The Lawrence Allen house has been completely refurbished since I first saw it several years ago. I admit to not having any ancestors who lived here...but I like sharing beautiful architecture anyway!




Sign in front of house describes the Civil War as it hit the citizens of Marshall NC. My blogging friend, Vicki Lane, has written a historical novel based on the region and the Shelton Laurel Massacre, but it has yet to be published.







A sweet little orange guy welcomed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.