description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Monday, April 30, 2018

Repost of My Bass Family Tree from 2013

Saturday, August 17, 2013


My Bass Family Tree, (edited for 2018)




My grandfather (my father's father): George Elmore Rogers, Sr., (1877-1960) born in Galveston, Texas, died in Houston, Texas.
George Elmore Rogers Sr.


His mother: Elizabeth Bettie Bass Rogers (1860-1924) (my great-grandmother) born in Old Waverly, San Jacinto County, Texas, died in Galveston,Texas

Not the Bass plantation house but a typical one in the south US
  

Her father: Colonel Richard Bass (1819-1880) born in Perry County, Alabama, died in Waverly, Walker County, Texas.

Not my great great grandfather, but a Confederate pioneer

His father: John Bass (1784-1820) born in Wayne County, NC, died in Perry County, Alabama.

Not John Bass, but a portrait from 1800s

His father: Edward Bass (c.1761-1802) (birth date and place not yet substantiated, could be Craven or Wayne County, NC; He died in Wayne County, NC.

Not Edward Bass, but an outfit worn around 1770
Sarah Bass 1764-1849 (the death date isn't the same as Edward's wife, but the birthdate is right)


His father: Richard Bass (1732-1793) born in Craven County, North Carolina. He died in Wayne County, North Carolina.   He also was in the Revolutionary War, but I'll talk about that when I honor his birthday.
NOTE on Richard Bass and Waynesborough... Wayne County NC was the place Richard Bass died in 1793.  His uncle Dr. Andrew Bass, b.1735, d. 1791, apparently was one of the early founders of Waynesborough


Not my relative...George Romney's Young Man with a Flute wears a gold figured waistcoat under his coat, Dallas Museum.

His father: Andrew Bass (1698-1770) born in Norfolk Independent City, Nansemond County, Virginia.

His father: Richard Taylor Basye (1658-1722) born in Norfolk Independent City, Nansemond County, Virginia

His father: John Basse (1616-1699) born in London, Middlesex County, England,  and WIFE: Elizabeth Basse, (a.k.a. Kesiah Tucker, Native American), (1618-1676) born in Kecaughton, Nansemond County, Virginia 

I'm 11 generations removed from a full blooded Nansemond Native American ancestor.  That doesn't give me a very big percentage.  And I'm not forgetting that most of my ancestors were Western Europeans mainly from England.  When I learned about great grandmother, Bettie Bass' grandmother however many times removed, Elizabeth Tucker Basse, I was thrilled.

Please see my other posts this week about the Nanosecond Indian Tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.