description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Digging into the lives of the Rogers children

Continuing to look at information on Rev. John Rogers, The Martyr's family.

Our Sixth child of Rev. John was Samuel (1541-1545) who apparently died at 4 years of age, before his father returned to England from Wittenberg, Germany

So he might not have been counted as one of the 11 children.

Next comes Ray Barnaby Rogers (1543-1564) born in Wittenberg, Germany and died in Scotland. I must say right away that Ray was not a name of those times, so whoever put it on this ancestor didn't think very well. So first I'm making my tree just say Barnaby Rogers.

Barnaby may have lived further than the record I started with, till 1627, dying in Boxted Hertfordshire, Eng. If that was his date of death, he may have married Mary Wells in 1578, 1583 or 1610. They may have had children named Thomas John, Sarah and Barnaby II. 

That's all the information that I've been able to substantiate at this point for Barnaby Rogers. But an interesting footnote which talks of Mary Wells being married to Barnaby Rogers was found in an 1996  publication..."New England, The Great Migration and The Great Migration Begins,1620-1635, Vol. 3" Look under Edward Howe...


So I'll add this daughter Anne Rogers who will marry John Stone of Sudbury.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.