description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Out of the past - second chapter of photos out of the album

 

I just edited this old photo of me at around 4 years.

I married my Coast Guard husband  and won't even say the date. He was handsome to me. I was only a military wife for a couple of years. Our first son was born in a Naval Air Station hospital.




About a week after my son's birthday, my whole family came to Texas from St. Louis...parents and sister. She is enjoying the Gulf of Mexico here, and had just graduated from high school. 


It's pretty grainy to try to enlarge her, but this gives you a better idea of how she looked.



It's always fun to point cameras at other photographers. Here is my dad captured by my husband looking over the parental car. Yes they had driven the thousand miles to meet their first grandbaby. We lived up those stairs in the apartment behind my dad. We found a downstairs apartment a few months later!

After our second son had been born in Connecticut we moved to FL. So here I am skinny again drying off after a dip in the pool, with my parents visiting at a motel near Tampa. Dad has his back to the camera, while Mom sits in the far background in her shades. Oldest son is reaching for something on the table, while youngest is facing toward him on the other side. He's about 2.

More about our nautical life in the next post. (Not very much actually.)












2 comments:

  1. My husband was in the coast guard for a few years. And four year old you is very cute. As is four year old me :)

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.