description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Saturday, January 15, 2022

They do grow up fast..

...some old (and new) photos of my sons

Early smiles from my first born...Marty. 
 

My father holding Marty when he was around 6 months old.

Marty, at three or four years.





Second son, Russell was just a little bit of a thing when born, but has made up for it throughout his life.

He's always been inquisitive, and paid attention to details. This has been a good quality in his work with computers and other people.


He's not yet two years old, so I'm helping him down the big hill at my parent's home in Massachusetts.


March 1969. Always looking for interesting things. It became apparent when we'd go camping or hiking in the woods...every little thing was interesting for him!





Here's Russ in high school, and Marty smiling about something devious. He could often play tricks on Russ, but he also looked out for him many times.

My third son was unexpected, but a real gift. Here's Tai at around 2 years old.

Here Tai is close to the camera, and Marty is eating. Marty was in the Navy at that time. And I was in grad school. Tai was in kindergarten or maybe preschool. Russ was in college.

Here are some of my classmates in Counselor Education at U Florida...the teacher has almost no hair and is blond. I'm second from right in back row!


My sons and I would drive to Houston from FL to visit my parents and my sister and her children. Here cousin Zach is in foreground, and Tai is kind of lying back on his cousin Lisa. Tai would have been around 4 in this photo.



Here's Russ and his bride, Michelle after their wedding.




And now he has three beautiful daughters: Kate on left, then mom Michelle, Caroline a graduating high school senior, Russ and college girl Audrey.

Marty and his two children, William and Cayenne - taken a few years ago!

Marty and his second wife, Barbara!

Several years ago Marty's children graduated high school.


Tai is also married now, and has a dog and a cat!


Tai and his wife, Kendra.

I know I said I'd show old photos...but some of the newer ones were also in the same album. So I think I'm caught up!

But wait, that was just one photo album. There are at least 2 more on the shelf. I enjoyed throwing this one away when empty. Yay lightening up my life one little thing at a time. But the other 2 are totally about Tai, from beginning to walk till...who knows. I may not take each photo out of the pages, but just scan the ones I want to keep, and give the entire boos to him. Of course I probably don't want to mail them, so sometime he can get them from me!












1 comment:

  1. The good news is that those two other albums are almost entirely of Tai when a baby and little boy. I'll try to just capture some of the more interesting shots of him and other family members, and not disassemble these albums, and just given them to him intact when I see him again.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.