description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Sunday, May 9, 2021

More ancestors with titles

Sir Robert Huntington's wife was Lady Anne Stanley Derby Huntington (1510-1570), my 13 times great grandparents.

Her mother was Lady Anne Hastings (Countess Derby) Stanley, lady in waiting to Catherine of Aragon. Catherine was Queen of England from June 1509 until May 1533, the first wife of Henry VIII.

Lady Anne Hastings Stanley Derby married Sir Thomas Stanley, 2nd Earl of Derby, 10th Baron Strange of Knockyn, 6th Baron Mohun, Lord of Mann and the Isles, in 1503 or 1507. She was probably born in 1485, and died in 1550.  Sir Thomas Stanley had been born in 1484, and died in 1521.

They would have been my 14 greats grandparents.

Lady Anne Hastings Stanley Derby's parents were Edward Lord Hungerford, b. 16 Nov 1466,  in Kirby Moxloe in Leicestershire, Eng. There's a ruin of a castle there still.


Kirby Muxloe Castle, Leicestershire, Eng.

Lord Edward Hungerford died 8 Nov. 1506 in London, Middlesex, Eng.

His wife was Mary Sacherverell Hungerford, born 1455 in  Salsbury, Wiltshire, Eng.  She married Lord Edward in 1481 and gave birth to Anne in 1485. She died on 10 July 1533 in Ashby Magna, Leicestershire, Eng.

They were my 15 times great grandparents. I don't know about their parents, so that the end of that limb of the tree. Some other people I might be related to had found some people they thought were Lord Edward's parents, but their dates were after Lord Edward had died, so that's not accurate.

I think that's all the titled ancestors I have on this tree. On my Ada Swasey Rogers tree (my father's mother) there were probably some others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.