description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Thursday, May 27, 2021

First homes

  Reposting from 2018


  Here's a Home Blessing that I found...from when I last moved the place I lay my head every night.  That was about 6 years ago.

Russ and Michelle in their first house in 1981...just moving in!  I came to see on a weekend!


 And here's a bedroom photo of me!   The guest room was between the upstairs back and front stairs, and Michelle used it as her office also.


 Waiting for my flight home to FL...Russ and I enjoyed a few moments to say goodbye. I notice that pre-cell-phone-era I still wore a watch to tell time!


And here Russ and Michelle stand in the dining room, before her family's dining room furniture arrived, and they removed the wall with the door to the kitchen...as well as the wallpaper.  I share this shot especially because it comes back to the floral wallpaper in the Sepia Saturday picture of the bedroom!  They actually painted the walls tomato red and they looked great with the Mediterranean furniture.

UPDATE 2021:

Michelle's mom has just sold her house in Connecticut, and Michelle and Russ brought a U-Haul truck of furniture to their current home...in Ohio!

I will be sharing whatever I see from my other son who is purchasing his first home...soon I hope. They are working on various purchasing procedures now.

1 comment:

  1. 1981! I was so much younger then. My son was born in January 1982. I was 35.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.