description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Friday, May 7, 2021

The lords and ladies continued

To continue with a theme of going back in my ancestry as far as there are records designating these are my ancestors. So I'm on my father's Rogers Family Tree. The last time I posted about them was on March 30. I'd started to look at the parents of Clarissa Elizabeth Huntington Reynolds, my 12 times great grandmother.

Lady Clarissa Huntington Reynolds' father was Sir Robert Huntington, knight. He had been born in 1502 in East Bergholt, Suffolk, Eng. He died 7 Feb 1579 in Shropshire, Eng.

He married Lady Anne Stanley Derby Huntington when she was 16 and he was 24, in 1526 in Kent, England. Lady Anne was born in 1510 in Southampton, Hampshire, Eng. and died in 1570 in Kent, Eng.

Those were my great times 13 grandparents.

Sir. Robert's parents were Sir Richard Huntington, b. 1468 Hempstead, Essex, Eng; d. 1552, London, Middlesex, Eng. and Alice Huntington Castell, b. 1470 Little Stampford, Eng; d. 1546 Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, Eng.  These grandparents times 14 greats are as far as this line goes.

All Saints Church, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, Eng.

Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, Eng.





1 comment:

  1. My ancestors are through the Reynolds line. What I am trying to fund out is who Lady Anne Stanley’s parents were. I thought that they were Lord Thomas Stanley and Anne Hastings but I was told that Margaret was their only daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.