description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Monday, January 1, 2018

Week in review - Ipswich families: Browns, Lords, Pulsifers

We started looking at Hannah Aslett Brown, (married to Joseph Brown Sr.) and ended the week up with Captain John Ayers/Eyer, her grandfather.

Next we looked at Hannah and Joseph's son Benjamin Brown, a miller, and I found the gold mine of Ipswich Historical Society and it's preservation of historic homes. My love of old architecture led me through various of these 350 year old buildings, and I found a few that belonged to my ancestors on Ada P. Swasey Rogers family tree.

Edward Brown had been Hannah Aslett Brown's father-in-law, and he built his home in 1650 in Ipswich MA.

Then I go back down the generations to Jonathan Pulsifer, who's son, David Pulsifer, married Hannah Brown's daughter Hannah.  Jonathan Pulsifer was the son of Benedict (Benedictus) Pulsifer, my first post on this blog.And I believed what Ancestry told me, that David Pulsifer had died at the Battle of Bunker Hill...for a while I believed it.  But after long hours of reading and research, I found other David Pulsifers, uncles and nephews, sons and brothers, and give my results in "David Pulsifer, which one died at the Battle of Bunker Hill?"

Before looking to the David Pulsifer dilemma, I found another couple of beautiful historic houses (I think Ipswich MA has around 50) one of which was built on property first owned by Robert Lord...so I shared some information on both the house and my ancestor HERE.  Robert Lord's daughter married Edward Brown, and they were parents of Joseph Brown (husband of Hanna Aslett Brown with whom I started this week).

As I mentioned above, I shared about Captain John Ayers/Eyers and thought that would be the end of the week on this family tree. Captain Ayers' had been on my tree as married to Hannah Evered, but a pretty good source said that this wasn't so, she had been just known as Hannah.  Their daughter Rebecca married John Aslett, and they were parents of Hannah Aslett who married Joseph Brown Sr.

 But I got sick and had to stay quiet, and what better way than to read for many hours to figure out which of the David Pulsifers was most likely to have died at the Battle of Bunker Hill for the Patriot cause?  So there was an extra post this week, HERE.

And it was also interesting to note that we also have Captain John and Hannah Ayers/Eyre as our 9th great grandparents through their son Captain John Ayers (1623-1675) descendants as well...through his son Nathaniel Ayers (blacksmith) 1664-1731, also on the Ada Swasey Rogers tree.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.