description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Saturday, February 3, 2018

More wandering great uncles and aunts - The Wilbournes

My Wilbourne relations...
I've skipped over Sabra Ann Wilbourne Gibbs, and yet she, and her family are just as much my relatives as those Gibbs that I've been talking about in SC.

So there were 11 brothers and sisters?
They were all born in Union Dist. SC, and then they may have stayed there, or moved to other states.
Let's see:

My 4th great grandparents were Maj. Elijah Wilbourne (1763-1819) and
his wife: Mary Molly Rountree Wilbourne (1772-1851)

Incidentally, Elijah's father Thomas Welbourn was a member of the Regulator movement in North Carolina before the Revolutionary War. (Source: Find a Grave site for Mildred Roundtree Welborn Pruet.)  I'll have to post about that another time.

Children :
1. Martha Patsy Wilbourne Hayes (1791-1875) d. in Pendleton, Anderson Cty, SC

2. Sabra Ann Wilbourne Gibbs (1792-1864) d. in Walker Cty, TX

3. Dorcas Lucinda Wilbourne Nance (1793-1875) d. in Pendleton, Anderson Cty, SC

4. William Rountree Wilburn (1796-1878) d. Panola County, MS in,Fredonia cemetery, Como MS married according to his grave inscription "In memory of my husband." but no other records of his wife.
Wilbourn plot at Fredonia Ch, Como MS more details below
5.  Nancy Wilbourne Nance (1800 - between 1860-70), d. Muskogee County GA

6. Mildred Roundtree Wilbourne Pruet (1801-1874) d. Clay Co, Alabama

7. James Rogers Wilbourn (1804-?) d. Y, Somme, Picardy, France (I don't understand this place, as several other siblings including females have this suggested as place of death on SOME Ancestry trees.) He lived in Newtown GA in 1840 with a household of 7, but there's no listing of wife or children (yet). He also is listed in 1860 in an Agricultural census, in So. Division, Talladega, Alabama.  I think I'll change his place of death to Alabama after 1860.  It's my tree. And there's nothing to support his dying in France on an unknown date.  It wasn't until 1917 or so that the Somme was a dying place for many young men.  I wish I know who the Rogers was that his middle name reflects.

(0)  Martha Patsy Wilbourn, (1801-?) this is a duplicate listing, with a wrong date, so now it is merged with the one above.

I'll continue this family's post tomorrow...dividing it up seems like a good idea, first because I've taken way too much time on it already, and second, because I need to give these great aunts and uncles good attention and not rush through.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.