description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Monday, February 19, 2018

The Conn family

This is a very interesting biography, but I've just discovered that the Conn family which I'm related to does not include Mary Margaret Polly Norman Conn as the mother of Hannah Conn Booth. So if you're related to her, then this might have meaning for you.

 My ancestress is Mary Margaret "Polly" Norman Conn, 1792-1833.  I've already done a bit of posting about her a few years ago, here.

She was the mother of Hannah Conn Booth*, and we've been looking at a lot of the early Booth family, mainly in New England.

She was the daughter of Isaac Norman and Hannah C. Gage Norman.  Hannah Gage Norman was the daughter of David Aaron Gage, but I haven't checked out all her siblings, at least 6 of which were born the same year as another sibling...maybe 3 sets of twins?  And since some of them were born near me in North Carolina, I plan to look closer at their actual lives soon.

She married John Thomas Conn 1790-1844. He was the son of Thomas Conn 1765-1835 and Mildred Ann Conley Conn 1770-1845.  Many of these ancestors also went west from Virginia to Kentucky and Missouri,

But Grandmother Polly lived in Kentucky, and many of her children grew up and moved to Texas.  I'm enjoying learning about their lives, which tells a lot about how she raised them. (I'm also frustrated that Ancestry won't give me the "hints" of the multiple family trees about several of them, so I don't know who they married, or who their children were.)

They were
1) Hugh Lee Conn 1814-1884
2) Napoleon Norman Conn 1816-1899
3) Hannah Leak Conn Booth 1819-1884 *
4) Elizabeth Ann Conn 1821-1878
5) Mildred Jane Conn 1825-1843
6) Isaac Thomas Conn 1826-1897
7) Rebecca Martha Conn West 1830-1885
8) Mary Ellen Conn 1833-1845

But because there was another Hannah Conn who also moved to Texas, and married someone named Turner, I'm interested in who she was. I will keep an eye out for this woman who married the "warrior."

And I've just found another really interesting narrative by a Conn descendant, but it's a bit convoluted...mainly about Thomas Conn, and doesn't say too much about which one it's talking about when.  I'll give that text to you tomorrow, after I add dates or numbers so you can tell better than I can who she's talking about.  I am sad to say she had the wrong Hannah Conn going to Texas, the one who married another man rather than the Booth from whom I'm descended.

William L. Booth and Hannah Conn, 4th Feb, 1843 narriage, lower r hand page
Hannah Leak Conn Booth 1819–1884
Birth 13 APR 1819 Elks Creek, Shelby, Kentucky, USA
Death 26 JAN 1884 Hillsboro, Hill, Texas (or Belmont Gonzales, TX)




1 comment:

  1. My 4th g-gf Christopher Howard"s brother, Phillip Howard,Jr. Of Surry Co, NC m. Mary Douthet. Their son, William Howard b.1779-8 Feb 1816 moved to TN and m. in Nc to sarah Elizabeth Bryan b. 18 Sept , d. 22 Nov 1824 had a daughter, Elizabeth Mary Howard b. TN ( 1809- 1849), married William Conn (1797- ?)

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.