description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Saturday, March 20, 2021

When the tree gets very shakey

 When the tree for ancestors seems to be shaking out names added to names...so that Cicely Jane Thickpenn/Phippen Reynolds Pierce was a 11 times great grandmother...that's when I stop.

It became even more convoluted (this tree of mine) when her father might have been James Church Thickpenn/Phippen, or maybe just plain James Church...who is listed on 3 other trees as married to Alyce Streetinge, but not the parents of Cicely. 

So I have to leave him there...sort of hanging between wherever someone at Ancestry knew that Thickpenn/Phippen had some connection to James Church. There was even a suggestion he was married, or perhaps his mother was Cicely Jordan. This is where I wish there were some original documents, but the one that does show up I can't read, and most of the "facts" don't have any documentation at all, but are just being passed between one Ancestry tree to another.

I also just keep getting a headache with this furthest branch of the family.

Cicely Jane married George Reynolds. We don't know his parents.

Cicely Jane Married Thomas Reynolds, Doctor, aka Christopher Thomas Reynolds, Rennolds, Reynell, doctor and surgeon. And then Cicely Jane married Capt. William Pierce.

No wonder a genealogist said there wasn't anything linking Cicely Reynolds who came to America and had the Baily child, then the  Jordans, then married Farrar at last. Incidentally, she may have also married Montague according to some trees. And someone said she was married 5 times, but I don't know who that fifth husband might have been.  Suffice it to say, this woman is one of the matriarchs of my family. I am going to stop there!

Next I'll look at some other people who might not have several identities.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.