description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Early Wives of the Reynolds family...

 Clarissa Elizabeth Huntington Reynolds was my 12 times great grandmother.

She was the mother of Thomas of Gravesend, Doctor and Surgeon. Clarissa was born in 1534, inb. 1502  Aylesford, Kent, England.  She married Christopher Tillman Reynolds (Reynell) either in 1544, 54, 57 or 1565...many different dates from when she was 10 years old to after the birth of Thomas, her son. She may well have had other children, but I am not listing them on my tree at this point. 

Clarissa has been listed as Charissa by several trees, but it is a name I've never heard, and several sources say Clarissa. She died either in 1578 when she was 44, or on 2 Feb 1581 at 47 in Kent, Dorset, England.

Clarissa's parents were Sir Richard Huntington (b. 1502 E. Burghold, Suffolk, Eng, d. 7 Feb. 1579,  Shropshire, Eng.) and Lady Anne Stanley Derby Huntington, (b. 1510, Southampton, Hampshire, Eng., d. 1570, Kent, Eng.)  Again there were many brothers and sisters, but I chose just the parents to list.

And I'll quit for today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.