description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Friday, October 26, 2018

Further back for Bowers family

The Ancestry trees say Edmond Bower had parents also.  Robert Bower (1493-1517) who married Agnes Weston Bower (1481-1535) in 1513 in Norfolk, Eng.

His parents were John Bower (1478-1498) and Joan Bridmore (1452-?) from Mere, Witshire, Eng.  I'm going to add a Jr. to his name, because he was the son of another John Bower, to whom I'll add Sr. for clarification while talking about them.  John Bower Sr. (1460-1479) married Dame Edith Eizabeth Gresly (Bower) (1462-1523).

But there were so many John Bowers, and the trees are loaded (literally) with them.  One generation has three born to the same mother.  I looked hard to see how old she would have been.  And then I threw up my hands.

I liked that one of the Westons might have had a daughter (whose name I've now forgotten) who married (or maybe it was a granddaughter) the son of Sir. Richard Rogers. I'm a descendent of his, and looked to see if she appeared on my tree.  No, and that son and grandson were the wrong ages to marry a daughter or granddaughter of the Westons.  It's all tied in with the peerage of England.  And that's why I quit going back up that branch of my tree.

I'll acknowledge some John Bower and wife were my 12th great grandparents.  I'm not going back any further than 1450 for now.  I know, I am probably missing the link to royalty.  It wouldn't make me feel a bit different.

But I won't miss the chance to check on a few other family branches that the wives might offer, besides the Westons.  What about Dame Greesly Bowers, Joan Bridmore Bowers, Joan Moggeridge Bowers, Werner Minster Bowers, and Barbara Smith Bowers?  Something to check for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.