description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Monday, October 16, 2023

Families in moments

Repost of When I Was 69 blog dated 7/19/18

________________


  Most of my family pictures are of brief moments when I got the people to stand together for that photo.  Some of them have never been published, and if these are friends of yours (or you yourself) I apologize for sharing them without your permission, because I've been out of touch for 20 or 40 years.


 

In Tallahassee FL summers, people wear as few clothes as they feel like. Here David Rosenfeld, the father of my youngest son is in some really short shorts, talking with his friend, Russell, the painter, who wears his work clothes, but perhaps that spray outfit in the foreground belongs to him.


 My friends' baby, Lila, grabbed a bit of flesh of her mom, who tried to keep on smiling. (Taken by a swimming pool)

I moved away from Tallahassee but was there to see the impending birth of April...there's Steph about to have a home birth and I think that's (Note, not her husband, but a friend) behind her, her midwife has the blue t-shirt on, and that's my youngest son in the arms of a friend.

Friend, Grant playing with my youngest son.  The baby did get out of that stretchy cover-all sometimes!

 My parents visited Disney World (in Orlando FL area) from Houston.  They were kind of used to hot muggy weather, and running (walking) from one air conditioned place to another.

My nephew and mother at Disney World. Yes a background sometimes does make a difference in a photograph.





Quote for today:
WE LIVE ON THE BRINK OF DISASTER BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO LET LIFE ALONE. WE DO NOT RESPECT THE LIVING AND FRUITFUL CONTRADICTIONS AND PARADOXES OF WHICH TRUE LIFE IS FULL.
THOMAS MERTON

1 comment:

  1. Is so good to remember our own story, and to remember the familiar story. Remember our good past moments that made us happy, gives more happy for us today too. I think It. Greetings from Mallorca.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.