description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Old post with palm trees

Repost from blog When I Was 69, dated 7/30/2021  

Not interested in War Memorials, and I sure know next to nothing about Queensland, or Southport. So where else can this image from Sepia Saturday take me in my images of yore?

Let's consider the lonely palm tree. It actually looks like another one bit the dust right next to it. So I'd guess the remaining palm proved itself more flexible to withstand some strong winds.





My family in 1969 at Busch Gardens, Tampa, FL. (L to R) my Mom, then oldest son, Marty, then Dad, then me hoisting younger son Russ. It was obviously wintertime! Bright sun and cold air. But there are a few palm trees in the background. I note that myself and sons are wearing our coats from when we lived in Connecticut, just the winter before this!



Go back another 32 years, and there's my father (with hair!) posing on a branch of a live oak (probably) in G.State Park in 1937. I think that's Garner State Park...a CCC work. It's in Texas, before my mother and father married in '39.


Not sure if these family members are standing in front of a huge palm tree, or some other tree, in San Antonio, TX . (L to R) My dad, then my mom, (Mat) and my grandmother "Mom", then grandfather "Pop." All dressed up for Christmas!



When I was engaged to this young man in Tampa FL, in about 1973 I took this photo...we broke up a few months later. I learned the hard way to not have a romance with a person with whom I worked.



My 3 sons, Tampa FL, 1981...Marty, Russ and Tai. (Russ was bending down and wasn't really that short!)


An album of shots...camping in lower r, but the rest of these shots are from St. Augustine, FL. The little boy is Tai, my youngest son. I sometimes scanned a bunch of photos at the same time, then planned to edit them with my photo editor, but I don't bother most of the time...so you get a small album at a time! 

And if you look closely, you'll see the bottom left photo has Tai standing next to a cannon at the fort in St. Augustine (Castillo de San Marcus) on a visit several years before we moved there. That will link back to the Sepia Saturday photo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.