description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

More Brinley ancestors

I just found new ancestors (well, further back on the trees actually.) 

(Check out yesterday's blog which left off here...)
 So 13) Richard Brinley's father was 14) Lawrence Brinley, b. 1530, Willenhall, Staffordshire, England, d. 1574 Staffordshire, Eng.
and his mother was 14) Ann Fletcher Brinley b 1529, Staffordshire, England, d. ABT 1592, Staffordshire, Eng.
 
Staffordshire, England

One day I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why 14) Ann Fletcher Brinley (my 10 times great grandmother) had been given the middle name of "George" on some Ancestry trees, and why she had an alias of Ann Hawthorne, as well as her father perhaps being Phillip Fletcher alias Hawthorne.  The only source I found was called a Millennium file, authored by Heritage Foundation, published by Ancestry DOT com.  That doesn't tell me why her father (if that's really her father) was having an alias.  The IF that I continue to have is based on ongoing lack of source materials, which are few and far between this far back into history.  Perhaps some chapter of English history does contain the story of the Fletcher/Hawthornes.

So for now I won't even list Phillip Fletcher (aka Hawthorne) as her father.

There are no further parents listed for 14) Lawrence Brinley, but a grandson was also given that name, so that is some substantiation for that relationship.

Tomorrow I'll give what I've learned about Thomas Brinley, Richard's son who was an auditor in the Court of King Charles I and II.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.