description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Saturday, June 9, 2018

(Elijah) Rogers McCamy's photo album - and my father's

Whether it was Rogers McCamy taking the photos, or his wife, or someone else...Ancestry has a wonderful collection of photos of his life.  I can only share a few of them here.  I am so glad to have found this third cousin, 2 times removed.

But to be fair, I'll post photos of my own family as well, but later on the same post, since my goal is to look at the costuming, the environment and how people lived in the 30's and 40s...mainly in Texas.

Annie Mullendore (Dressmaker, unmarried) with her sister, Ida Winfield Mullendore McCamy and Ida's youngest son, Elijah Rogers McCamy 1920

Though this photo is listed as 1924, I'm pretty sure Elijah Rogers McCamy (in back) is wearing the same cap, this time going the wrong way as a 10 year old might do.  Ida Mullendore McCamy on left, and older son, James L. McCamy Jr. on right.

Elijah Rogers McCamy went by the name Rogers McCamy all his life. He was born in 1910, the youngest of 6 children, one of whom was stillborn. His oldest sister, May, apparently had a disability all her life, and died at age 35, unmarried.  All the family was born in east TN, either Knox, Sevier or Blount counties. Rogers McCamy died in 1974 in Texas.

My father, George E. Rogers Jr, was 4 years younger than Rogers McCamy.

Rogers McCamy 1928 or 30.

Rogers McCamy 1933


 Rogers McCamy and Kay Catherine McCamy, Dallas TX 1935.

Rogers and Kay Catherine McCamy 1936.

Kay, Richard and Rogers McCamy 1938.

Rogers and Dick McCamy, 1939

Rogers and Dick McCamy

Dick and neighbor enjoy the wheelbarrow pushed by Rogers McCamy 1940

-------------------------------------
Now for some of the George Rogers family photos...

Ada Rogers (Gummy) wrote the names of her sons on the back, thus right to left, so Chauncey is actually on the left, my father, George age 12, is in dark shirt seated, James in light shirt seated, and Alex, the oldest standing on right. 1927 Fort Worth TX


1935 visiting Texas capital in Austin, George Jr. on left, Ada Rogers and George Sr. (Gummy and Poppy) standing, James Rogers kneeling.


Jr. (George Jr.) Mom (Gummy or Ada Rogers) and James Rogers Feb 27, 1937.  I think you had to have been there to know who's who. Gummy was probably the passenger, thus James may have been driving at age 15!


George and Mataley walking, date unknown.



George Rogers family, Dallas 1946. Mataley, Barbara, George holding Mary Beth.











3 comments:

  1. I wonder who took that last photo of my whole family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the granddaughter of James L McCamy. This is wonderful information and so sweet to see him as a 17 year old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear of another cousin, whichever number removed we might be. Sorry I can't contact you...would need email address!

      Delete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.